Saturday 17 September 2011

A hop, jump and a skip

So I know it has been a while but there has been a ton gong on here! So here is the readers digest version.

1st thing - Im here to stay!!! Ok so Before I was in Cusco and when we had our vacation in the the states I ended up staying a little longer to work on some personal things. So when I was ready to come back I wasn't able to go to Cusco again, but there was an opportunity in Arequipa (where I lived for 9 months) and I took it. Well I only agreed to stay for a couple of months, but plans have changed and I am able to stay and finish out my time here in Peru. Granted it is not with my team in Cusco, but I am reunited with some other dear friends of mine.
2nd thing - It's amazing to see the growth in the districts that I am now working in. There are a couple that are just taking off! and another that we have some difficulty with. But in all of the places that we are working the people there are just amazing. And in all reality the people give me the motivation and the courage to go out and do what we do. Also seeing how dedicated the people are here as well, just blows my mind!

3rd thing - The group that I am now with consist of 7 girls, including me. And we have been going through a tough time. So send prayers this way. For personal things, our group as a whole, and that we are able to look at this difficult situation as a time to learn and grow, and that we are able to hear what God has planned for each one of us.

4th thing - I only have about 7 ish months left here before returning home. Its been hard being here because I am supposed to be graduating this year, yupp this would be my Senior year of college. Now I will be graduating when I am about 24 ish, give or take. But here's the thing, I am growing and changing more than I would have done at school. I am gaining more being here than anything else.
When our time here is done I will be torn and hart broken but I am really really excited to be home again. But who knows God my have a different plan, and I am willing to continue to follow, where ever that might be.

There is a ton more that has happened in the last few months but there will be more to come!

1 comment:

  1. Emily, I miss you and i'm proud of you and I love your pictures and I love you!

    ReplyDelete